Please note that the first Monday night meeting is January 7th at the Tower Ridge Ski Area.
If you are a new Monday night skier, please wax your child's skis! It isn't expensive or time consuming and their skis will thank you.
While we don't endorse any specific product, both Swix and Toko will be happy to tell you how to make the best use of their waxes. Both have products that feature ease-of-use and don't require ironing. Here are some links to instructional videos.
For some elementary instruction on hot glide waxing your skis try http://rabidskier.com/skate_ski_waxing.htm and http://www.xcskiworld.com/equip/Waxing/waxing_glide.htm.
Our Monday night skiers welcome you.
We are exited to get the season going. Below you will find some basic information about our season.
Eau Claire Ski Striders-Kicking Kids is open to children ages 4-17. Lessons are available to all abilities: beginner through skater. Proficient skaters may join the racing technique group and/or are encouraged to assist in the instruction of younger skiers.
This eight week program teaches not only cross country skiing skills but also winter safety, group participation, and techniques learned can also be used in downhill skiing and ski jumping. The program provides opportunity for skill development, fitness, fun, and family participation. Parents are encouraged to ski along.
All Meetings are from 4:30pm-6:00pm
|January 7||Tower Ridge Ski Area|
|January 14||Tower Ridge Ski Area|
|January 21||Tower Ridge Ski Area|
|January 28||Tower Ridge Ski Area|
|February 4||Tower Ridge Ski Area|
|February 11||Tower Ridge Ski Area|
|February 18||Tower Ridge Ski Area|
|February 25||Tower Ridge Ski Area||Final Meeting & Pizza Party|
- Children will be divided into appropriate groups according to skill level over the first 2 meetings.
- Parents we need your help! You probably noticed on the form we asked you to sign up for a number of positions. There will be several sheets available the first night for signup for snack and safety parents (for cold kids, emergencies, etc.)
- We also need parents on the snow! So if you would like to help on the snow please let us know.
- Weather conditions. We will not meet when the temperature is -10F or below or windchill is -15F or below.
- Dressing properly is critical for children to have fun and be safe. Children are required to wear hats and gloves at all times. They should be dressed appropriately with warm clothes. Several light layers are best.
- The right equipment. We cannot stress enough how important it is to have good working, properly sized equipment in order for your kids to have fun. Please let us know if you need help or have questions. Spring Street Sports in Chippewa Falls does a good job sizing and has a nice program for growing kids.
ECYSL is affiliated with Central Cross Country Skiing, the designated body for the development of cross country skiers in the 10 state Central Region of the United States. The Mission of CXC Skiing is to provide an organization which enables athletes to achieve excellence in cross country skiing through: Education, Cooperation, Communication and Competition. Whether you are interested in competitive cross country skiing or not CXC provides organizations like ours a foundation to work from. We are excited about this new partnership with CXC and believe it will equip our coaches and youth skiers with pertinent skiing skills.
For more information contact: kickinkids [at] gmail [dot] com (Chris Gorzek), 836-9731 or blindstedt0057 [at] charter [dot] net (Sue Lindstedt), 833-0057.